World-class software, work-life balance
We're a boutique firm developing high quality trading software in Canada's financial hub. We pride ourselves on building extremely stable and lightning-quick trading software that can be highly customized for our customers. At Spire, we understand that small teams can do amazing things, and take pride in achieving the kind of work life balance that results in better output and happier employees.Find Open Positions
Join Our Team
Along with a team consisting of a user interface designer, graphic designer, and traders you will be working on the desktop trading application to implement custom user interface components. These components vary from small and reusable desktop widgets up to and including data visualization windows such as charts, financial tables, reports and heat maps. In the process you will become intimately familiar with the business of proprietary trading, market making, and the various tools and methods used to analyze and forecast financial markets. No knowledge of finance is required for this role.
Skills & Requirements
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Strong understanding of core C++ concepts such as the standard library, RAII, resource management and ownership.
- Familiarity with UI libraries such as Qt or wxWidgets as well as an understanding of model-view or model-view-controller.
- Familiarity with modern C++ coding conventions (ie. value types vs. reference types, smart pointers, type inference, exception handling, etc...).
- Knowledge of 2D geometry including both raster graphics and vector graphics.
To apply, please send a cover letter and CV to email@example.com